THE FUTURE IS BEAUTIFUL. LIFE IS BRIGHT. YOU ARE THE SPARK AND YOU HOLD THE LIGHT.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Football was awesome yesterday!


            Haha! Honestly, it's been forever since I've played football.. Ok, it feels "forever" but I did play the week before though it wasn't as fun as this.

            For 2013, this would be considered the first game. It felt good to get back on the field. Re-living it, just as I played with Hajar. Not to mention, it seems very much, that I've improved. So I congratulate myself.

            It was after school, around 3 and I had no ECA for the day. I saw Freddy and Farhad on the field looking like they're enjoying themselves. There was Rahman, Saad, Omar, Zhen Hao and a few younger ones from Primary. I stood beside the field watching. My eyes darting everywhere the ball went.

            A minute later, I could't take it. I went on the field and counted myself in. Farhad is great at sports from what I saw but the young ones were ruthless. Haha. We tried so many times to score but the goalie was just that good.

           Then came Charlie, he decides to play, joining the opposing team. Charlie, by the way, is a tall and broad-shouldered fellow for a 15 year-old. So, he kicks the ball to score a goal but the ball ends up high in the air way behind the goal. We all laugh. He does that a couple of times, all constant.

           Then comes Angel, she joins my team. And she tries tackling, kicking and racing to get the ball but fails...most of the time. Haha, I tell her "don't worry, with more practice you'll get it", like I did. Soon after, Kevin comes. I bet he was wondering where everyone went and came to search since no one was bothered if he was entertained.

           Lol. Most times he's an attention seeker and always bored. So he joins with Charlie, Zhen Hao, Ardithya (a 3 almost 4foot tall kid who plays well), Omar and two little ones. From one end of the field, he gets pass everyone and kicks the ball as hard as he can into the goal.

Though the ball never reached the goal. It was still right under him. He missed the ball completely! We all burst out laughing. Later he tries again and this time, he succeded--slightly. Just about rolled away to the side. I laughed so hard I couldn't control myself.

           So we played and had fun. Then I got Kevin's desease and missed the ball just like him. But no worries for me, within seconds I got my focus back. It was a lovely day. Hot sun, clear blue sky with a few fluffy clouds here and there, the breeze blowing so sweetly in our faces. The day couldn't be any better.

No comments: